Backend Engineer - Terms & Agreements
- Aarhus, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
You will be a member of an international, skilled, highly motivated and self-driven production team, and your efforts will have a direct impact on the experiences of our customers as well as establish the Tradeshift platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who can set a direction for their peers.
- Lead and help our product teams be successful - guidelines, reviews, with the goal to enable high velocity for all of our product teams. Support product teams that are creating their own microservices based on backend functionality.
- Plan and implement the needed changes to our backend over time to ensure that the backend is highly available, scalable, and resilient to failure. This includes writing high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code.
- Drive a long term priority list of initiatives needed to improve the backend (per business requirements).
- KPIs and monitoring for ensuring the success of the above goals.
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- 5+ years experience with SQL based DBs, preferably PostgreSQL
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container techs, like Docker or are interested in getting knowledge in that area
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, and distributed systems
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.