Senior Backend Engineer - Terms & Agreements
- Aarhus, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will be a member of an international, skilled, highly motivated and self-driven production team, and your efforts will have a direct impact on the experiences of our customers as well as establish the Tradeshift platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer with the right attitude and skill set for improving our existing platform and products, willing to experience hyper-growth in Tradeshift and all the challenges that come with it. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
What a day is like:
- Lead and help our product teams be successful - guidelines, reviews, with the goal to enable high velocity for all of our product teams. Support product teams that are creating their own microservices based on backend functionality.
- Plan and implement the needed changes to our backend over time to ensure that the backend is highly available, scalable, and resilient to failure. This includes writing high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code.
- Drive a long term priority list of initiatives needed to improve the backend (per business requirements).
- KPIs and monitoring for ensuring the success of the above goals.
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- 5+ years experience with SQL based DBs, preferably PostgreSQL
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container techs, like Docker or are interested in getting knowledge in that area
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, and distributed systems
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our office in Aarhus has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks