Digital Product Designer for Emerging Technologies Unit
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
The Tradeshift emerging technologies unit ‘Frontiers’ is an exciting venture exploring technologies that will shape the next 10 years of commerce and supply chains. We believe that technology can be leveraged to make trade more inclusive, transparent, sustainable and empowering for all.
Tradeshift is changing the way companies do business together by building the world's largest B2B network. Tradeshift sets the new standard for next generation business software that is connected, collaborative, people centered. We believe that by connecting businesses, people and financial transactions together in digital collaborative processes, we can create new value for every participant out of information that today is sitting stale behind corporate firewalls.
In Frontiers, we develop concepts, build prototypes, technical proof of concepts, Tradeshift apps and other solutions and technology that will have real-world impact, together with partners and universities. Our current focus is within supply chain financing, supply chain transparency and sustainability.
The Frontiers team is an independent business unit within Tradeshift. We work on many different, very early stage concepts and product ideas which we then evaluate with customers and partners. One of the ways we test quickly is to build out UI prototypes to tell the story of a product and to test with customers and end users.
Your primary responsibility will be prototyping these different products - which could either be discontinued after a month or go all the way to production. Products that reach this maturity stage will either be spun out into independent internal product teams, an app partner or a dedicated and independent spun out external team.
What you will be doing:
As a product designer in the Frontiers team, you’re responsible for driving product designs through all the early phases from initial strategy and product ideation to prototypes and sometimes pixel perfect UI ready for implementation.
This requires you to be experienced in both concept generation, creating user journeys, wireframing, prototyping and delivering implementation-ready designs. Your ability to be creative while field testing with actual and potential end users will also come in handy when researching and validating your design with end users.
You should excel at seeing the world through the eyes of the end users and always advocate for them when discussing with the rest of the team.
You will be an independent product designer in the team, but work closely with the product- and implementation leads and the rest of the team in coming up with the right user experiences and designs for the different products. We work in startup mode with quick iterations across ideation, design, front-end, back-end and infrastructure. We are building a team of smart individuals who are strong learners and take an interest in how different technologies can help realize our visions.
- Take part in early ideation on different product ideas with the whole team
- Work on defining user journeys for new products to understand the requirements and expected experiences
- Use wireframes, flows, high-fidelity mockups to illustrate product experiences for both the team and app partners
- Create quick prototypes or sketches to help visualize the potential of a product idea, for example for a presentation or app partner workshop
- Create clickable prototypes in fx. Invision, Framer to do early end user testing and to sell the story of the product to customers and app partners
- Create high fidelity designs for handover to engineering
- Work closely with the developers in the team to implement your designs
- Proven work experience in the field. We care more about the quality of your recent work than your formal education
- You have experience and success in working with teams of developers
- You have a structured and analytical approach to your work and you always have a plan for reaching the finish line
- Knowledge of web technologies – you don’t get scared when people talk about REST APIs, databases, client-side templating, responsive design, etc. We don’t need you to be a developer, but you’ll spend a ton of time with developers, so some common ground is required
- Strong technology curiosity, you stay informed and understand current trends
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- You have a bias for action - you are a do’er who want to see ideas turned into working applications and prototypes
- Good communication skills: We need to work well with our users, partners and stakeholders
- Best in class when it comes to tools like Sketch and Invision
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.