Senior Backend Developer, Document Pipeline team
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
Our team is looking for an outstanding developer who is passionate about building high-performance, scalable and resilient software.
You’ll be a member of the international and skilled Document Pipeline team that develops our core platform functionality: facilitating the exchange of documents that are large in number, large in size, and large in their impact. We employ an event-sourced architecture to build global, polyglot, distributed systems and reactive user interfaces. Your efforts will make a direct impact on the experience of our customers as well as internal and 3rd-party developers.
We expect you to be passionate about developing great technology at scale.
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You have experience designing and maintaining long-lived REST APIs
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, and distributed systems, and have tried out or are using frameworks like Akka, RxJava, and Vert.X.
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- Appreciate hacking when needed
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.