Senior Backend Developer, Document Pipeline team
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You’ll be a member of the international and skilled Document Pipeline team that develops our core platform functionality: facilitating the exchange of documents that are large in number, large in size, and large in their impact. We employ an event-sourced architecture to build global, polyglot, distributed systems and reactive user interfaces. Your efforts will make a direct impact on the experience of our customers as well as internal and 3rd-party developers.We expect you to be passionate about developing great technology at scale.
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, and take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You have experience designing and maintaining long-lived REST APIs
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, and distributed systems, and have tried out or are using frameworks like Akka, RxJava, and Vert.X.
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- Appreciate hacking when needed
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.