- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Business Operations
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
The Tradeshift network is growing at an unprecedented rate, and as such, the need to build out our Finance and Accounting team in Bucharest has grown.
The accountant is responsible for the financial health of our organization. Your role will be to record, collect, analyse and report on financial data.
- Execute Finance Month End Close (MEC) processes (book accruals, prepaid amortization journals, fixed assets amortization, prepare MEC workbook with an emphasis on reviewing the accounting entries)
- Participate in finance reviews with the local and US team
- VAT preparation for EMEA
- Statistical reports for EMEA
- Reconciliation of statutory accounting with US GAAP
- Bank reconciliation
- Credit card accounting calculation and booking
- Various ad hoc analysis and requests
- Assist with annual audit related tasks
- Use the IT systems and associated information resources to provide and interpret financial information
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or related area
- Typically 4+ years' previous experience in an accounting role
- Fluent English speaker (both written and spoken)
- Excellent computer skills in general, especially Excel; Mac OS and Google Sheets would be an asset, but not a requirement
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Driven and enthusiastic personality
- Able to make decisions and communicate with higher level management
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.