Experienced Java Backend Engineer, Marketplaces
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
Our Marketplace Apps Team
We develop and expand apps and services which bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience.
Our team is looking for a passionate Backend Engineer, who is an expert in server-side development, and cares deeply about the customer experience.
You will become a member of a skilled, cross-functional and self-driven team, that includes developers, designers and business people. Our focus is on the Buyer experience, developing and expanding apps and services that enable great Buy processes.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who can set a direction for their peers.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work on feature requests and issues that are crucial to our enterprise customers in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Implement services that are highly-available and reliable, and build features to enable new Tradeshift products
- Design and implement data storage solutions
- Be involved in all aspects of product development, from user stories to final implementation and production support
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of the full web stack
- Experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Experience with BackEnd testing frameworks
- Experience with web programming concepts such as REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX, etc. and related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) as well as familiarity with infrastructure automation (Puppet)
- Experience implementing microservices and working with distributed systems, resilient architectures, distributed transaction patterns, containers etc.
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.