Senior Software Engineer, Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fin-tech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About the Team
Engineers on the financial services team influence business-to-business payments, introduce entirely new banking models, enable smoother global commerce by removing complexities involved in the cross border transactions, and deliver pivotal software infrastructure to enable these concepts. Our focus is making financing accessible to everyone.
As a senior software engineer, you will work on projects critical to Tradeshift’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. Our senior engineers are versatile, sharp, kind, and excited to take on new problems across our platform as we continue to push technology forward.
What a day is like:
- Designing/Launching Financial Services, building APIs via micro services and tools
- Developing high quality code while articulating your designs, decisions within team and engineering as a whole
- Adapting to fast pace business by shipping products on time that affect bottomline
- Collaborating within and other teams of Tradeshift engineering globally
- Leveraging technologies/frameworks like Spring, Postgres, Redis, and AWS platform services
- Working on projects in Java and/or Scala
- Defining all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Overseeing progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Providing technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensuring software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You love solving for challenging coding problems in collaboration with your team. You value your teammates' opinions and ideas, enjoy guiding and coaching your colleagues, and are excited to problem solve.
You also have:
- 8+ years of practical experience in a technical environment (even if you don't quite have 8 years, we encourage you to apply. We'd love to hear from you!)
- Experience with Java (Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting complex operational problems involving more than one AWS availability zones
- Skills in working with data persistence (schema design, optimization) in all forms (relational, noSQL, in-memory, COLUMNAR, etc.)
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.