Senior Revenue Accountant
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
- Review sales arrangements to validate bookings and ensure proper recognition of revenue
- Apply appropriate treatment of revenue recognition by identifying, documenting, and verifying areas of risk and recommending improvements under ASC 606 to improve effectiveness
- Understand revenue recognition differences between US GAAP and IFRS
- Support the adoption of ASC 606 and implementation of an advanced revenue recognition tool, RevPro
- Support the development and documentation of accounting conclusions and associated accounting policy; reevaluate key assumptions on an as needed basis
- Work to continuously improve accounting and reporting processes, improve system efficiencies and help streamline/automate procedures
- Build relationships and liaise across business groups including finance, sales, sales ops and legal
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include flux analysis, calculating metrics, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliation, preparing reports and resolving issues as needed
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules related to revenue; support month end close
- Work with FP&A and M&A to provide support on special requests, developing new financial schedules and management reporting as needed
- Help with and implement processes for special projects as needed
- Support external audit readiness and requests as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product and service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Technical and practical knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards ASC 605 and ASC 606 a plus
- Experience with RevPro revenue automation software or Netsuite ERP also a plus
- An ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Very strong attention to detail and a passion for digging into processes to better understand them and communicate the big picture
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics in a clear and ingestible manner
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Proven ability to identify inefficiencies, re-engineer processes, prepare an action plan, and execute
- Accountable and able to work independently to achieve deadlines
- Strong Excel skills required / Google Doc skills a plus
- Comfortable working across global time zones
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.