- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will become a member of the fast expanding Financial Solutions and Payments team and be part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize more in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience, and then some.
What a day is like
You will build beautiful, robust, cross-device compatible UI and features, and ensure a sufficient coverage with automated tests. You will build reusable codes and libraries for future use, collaborating with the team in an Agile/Scrum environment. You will ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX design and be involved in taking a product from concept to release, and assume responsibility for the success of the product.
Engaging in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our frontend framework and writing high-quality, tested, peer-reviewed code, and identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You also have:
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience developing web applications with large scope and complexity
- Experience working with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Experience with client-side build tools such as Webpack or Rollup.js
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks (e.g. Cypress.io, Selenium)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience with Angular, Node.js, socket.io
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic understanding of PWA (Progressive Web Apps) and Electron
- Experience contributing to open source projects and building side projects in your own time
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.