IT Systems Engineer
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our IT Operations team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to build and manage our corporate IT infrastructure, systems, and tools that supports our fast-growing team. We are looking for an outstanding engineer that has a passion for creating efficient systems with an emphasis in scalable growth. The strongest candidates will have proven expertise in deploying, managing, and automating SaaS solutions, multi-platform networking and server administration experience, and a strong customer-service focus (among others). Tradeshift counts on our IT Operations team to provide exceptional availability, scalability and security for our internal infrastructure. You'll be expected to…..
Tradeshift is looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer who will design, implement, maintain and manage corporate IT systems, including infrastructure, services and tools. You will report to the Director of Global IT, and you will lead the administration, installation and troubleshooting of corporate hardware, software and services.
What a day is like
As the IT Systems Engineer, you will develop and maintain documentation of hardware, systems and software licensing. Furthermore, you will be part of recommending enhancements to existing systems, processes, and policies. You will also act as the technical on-site project lead for installations and upgrades of Infrastructure. Here are a few things you may do dat to day:
- Provide end-user technical support and issue resolution.
- Provide in-person customer service and issue triaging.
- Contribute to the employee onboarding and offboarding process in Tradeshift’s global offices.
- Be part of the coordination of corporate IT services/accounts, both SaaS and on-premise.
You’re perfect for this role if:
- You have 5+ years in information technology, system/network administration, or similar roles.
- You have experience or a strong desire to work in a startup environment.
- You have exceptional people and communication skills and a strong drive to solve people’s problems.
You also have experience with the following technologies:
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- SSO/identity management
- Amazon Web Services architecture (EC2, VPC, etc.)
- OSI switching and routing (Layer 2, Layer 3), wireless access
- Including: Cisco, Juniper, HP, Aruba
- Linux server administration
- Including: Debian, RHEL, etc.
- OS X+Windows workstation use and troubleshooting
- Mobile device management (Casper, SCCM, etc.)
- Scripting/automation (Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.)
- Customer service
- Technical and security compliance (PCI, SOC 2, etc.)
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.