Data Protection & Information Security Analyst
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our team holds automation is the key to scalable compliance and in finding positive business outcomes, instead just saying “No”. We don't “check the boxes” as a way to manage compliance and security - we get creative and build scalable solutions. We're looking a forward-thinking individual who is comfortable getting their hands dirty and is excited to collaborate with a team of diverse technical talents.
The information security and compliance teams within Tradeshift partner across the company to help teams understand and mitigate risks related to information security and data protection. We have a robust security program with SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, ISAE 3402 Type II, ISO 27001 and PCI Level 1 compliance and look towards a continuous improvement mindset in everything we do.
What a day is like:
- Lead existing and new initiatives related to security and data protection, assisting with security incident detection and response.
- Build controls, training and policies where needed with automation and code-as-policy always being the preferred solution.
- Work with existing and new customers to answer any security related questions.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Hold a 4 year degree in computer science or related degree with 4+ years' experience working on IT security projects and you're comfortable speaking about PKI, encryption, systems (ideally Linux ones) and AAA. You're biased toward quick action, while also open to new ideas.
You also have:
- Project management experience in IT Security, Application Security and SAAS/Cloud Security leading small teams from inception to launch
- Strong risk management and IT security skills
- Familiarity with GDPR requirements
- Experience with both auditing and engineering is a big plus
- CISSP certification is preferred
- Theoretical and practical knowledge around securing systems
- Proficiency in working in a cloud driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of IS management
- Understanding of security standards, i.e. SOC 1 / SOC 2, ISO 27001
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.