Director of Demand Generation, Americas
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Sales & Pre-sales
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Digital/Growth team focuses on growing and engaging in and out of network user bases and growing demand gen pipeline. The team is data driven and results focused. We are seeking a talented leader who thrives at the intersection of data, product, engineering, and marketing/sales. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and product background with a hunger to make infrequent use products grow.
As the Director of Demand Generation, you are charged with establishing scalable lead-gen strategy for a B2B SaaS business entering an accelerated growth stage. In addition to demand generation, you will conceive and execute the growth/digital strategy of Tradeshift Marketing driving buyer/supplier acquisition growth and engagement through marketing, product and technology. This is a rare opportunity to build upon existing momentum both internally and externally and see it grow quickly.
What a day is like:
- Lead a team of marketers to drive key business metrics including leads, MQLs, SQLs and Opportunities
- Grow the Demand Gen and Marketing Ops team through hiring and training
- Own relationship with sales and forge strong communication and service level agreement (SLA) between marketing and sales
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key SaaS business metrics, and use those metrics to set target CPA thresholds per customer segment; experiment with new channels, techniques, and messaging to scale advertising spend as quickly as possible while maintaining target profit margins
- Drive the strategy and execution of lead nurturing programs to engage prospects higher in the funnel and generate additional demand
- Design a direct response strategy that is on-brand, measurable, and effective at driving new business; ensure we scale DR activities quickly, while maintaining the integrity of our brand; develop programs for driving direct conversion to sign up through our website, as well as generating leads for potential high revenue customers
- Conceptualize and create a growth strategy for Business Commerce, Pay, P2P, and the Seller Experience program
- Collaborate with the team on out-of-the-box ideas to fuel growth i.e. rebranding of Tradeshift Website
Understand the growth analytics and tracking to support the creation of marketing and product features that drive growth and get buyers/suppliers to engage with and convert to subscription pricing
- Develop strategies for acquisition, retention and reactivation through multiple channels, including SEM/SEO, contextual/Engagement Flow targeting, in-app messaging, retargeting, traditional marketing, blog/content, social, inbound channels, and other techniques not yet discovered.
- Create, launch and optimize acquisition campaigns across online and offline channels with A/B tests and tools like (Google Analytics, Intercom, Mixpanel, Adwords, Adroll, Perfect Audience, Google Tag Manager, Facebook/Twitter Ads)
- Manage all Segment.io integrations that fuel Marketo, Google Analytics, Adwords, Intercom, Ads, etc
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have 5+ years of experience in B2B campaign design and demand generation, 3+ years successfully managing both Demand Gen and Marketing Ops teams
You're into big picture thinking with meticulous attention to detail; you will need to understand the overall business and marketing strategy, translate that into an acquisition strategy and guide the team through execution
You have a strong understanding of all digital acquisition channels, including display, search, social, lead buys and content sponsorships
A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and identifying actionable insights to increase new customer acquisition
Experience managing a large marketing budget across multiple channels
- Ability to deal with high-growth pains and challenges of a technology start up within a startup (Marketplace-Tradeshift)
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.