Professional Services Engagement Manager-CASH
- Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Department: Customer Success
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Professional Services (ProServ) is a customer facing and focused organization dealing with customers and their Source to Pay (S2P) challenges everyday. ProServ’s mission is to become a world-class embedded services company in terms of customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, operating margin, and employee satisfaction.
ProServ’s main objectives are to deliver projects successfully with agreed scope and project implementation timelines; create impact and value for our customers while understanding that stakeholder satisfaction is the ultimate success criterion.
Proserv supports Tradeshift growth and scale by providing help to scope, architect and structure customer engagements. We are a team that shows leadership internally as well as externally and has a collaborative spirit with dedication and fun!
- Tradeshift is looking for a Professional Services Engagement Manager reporting to the Director of Professional Services to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Own and drive success of 2-3 global enterprise customer implementations at a time
- Manage customer executives in Procurement, Finance, IT, Treasury, and Shared Services
- Consult with customers on how to implement best practices, integrate with their ERP, and get the most value from our solution
- Be able to engage in Consulting with customers’ IT resources on how to best integrate their ERP with Tradeshift
- Coordinate across Sales, Relationship Management, Product, Support, Customer Engineering and Professional Services to achieve customer success
- Design, configure, test, troubleshoot, train customers on, and migrate to production a customer’s solution
- Contribute to the development of Professional Services’ methodology, knowledge base, and tools
- Mentor other Professional team members
What a day is like:
The focus will be on new Product “TS CASH” being launched by Tradeshift. A great opportunity for technical minded individuals to work on implementation as well as influence the future enhancements of the Product. The individual should be able to provide confidence to clients by articulating the solution and how it would be implemented. The challenge will be keeping up with the evolving product!
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Master’s degree Preferred
- 5+ years experience consulting and/or implementing software in the enterprise space
- Skilled and respected communicator, consultant, and influencer
- Self-starter who is resourceful and not afraid to make decisions
- Driven to make customers successful, regardless of challenges or obstacles
- Consultant skilled at helping customers adopt best practices and standardization
- Solves problems methodologically and skillfully
- Organized and demonstrates time management skills
- Understands business processes and the interaction with IT systems
- Has a clear interest in, and acumen with, technology
- High energy; thrives in complex, challenging and sometimes stressful situations
- Comfortable being responsible for customer success, even though all variables are not completely within your direct control (e.g., customer resources)
- Ability to travel 30 to 60 days a year (i.e., 2 to 5 days per month)
- Fluent in English. Other languages will be appreciated.
- Procure-to-Pay business process experience
- Technical Ability
- Knowledge of App architecture, implementations and Wireframes
- XML and File Transfer Protocols
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.