Program Manager-Processes and Technology
- Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Department: Customer Success
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Professional Services (ProServ) is a customer facing and focused organization dealing with customers and their Source to Pay (S2P) challenges everyday. ProServ’s mission is to become a world-class embedded services company in terms of customer satisfaction, on-time delivery, operating margin, and employee satisfaction.
ProServ’s main objectives are to deliver projects successfully with agreed scope and project implementation timelines; create impact and value for our customers while understanding that stakeholder satisfaction is the ultimate success criterion. Proserv supports
Tradeshift growth and scale by providing help to scope, architect and structure customer engagements. We are a team that shows leadership internally as well as externally, and has a collaborative spirit with dedication and fun!
- Own our Transformational Processes practice (Professional Services Business Processes, RACIs, CSAT satisfaction surveys, etc).
- Own our Artifacts, Tooling and Templates practice, including the development of our PSA (Professional Services Automation tool), Apps and Bots.
- Developing, Maintaining and driving adoption of best practices and process, including our Methodology “Shiftology”
- Contributing with Professional Services Maturity Assessments (e.g. TSIA)
- Updating internal Documentation in Confluence
- Creating and maintaining reporting, both for Professional Services teams and Customer Value extended teams and Upper management.
- Supporting Partner Enablement Practice
- Lead other related Internal Strategic Projects
What a day is like:
As a talented Program Manager, you will be critical in bringing our new ProServ PMO organisation to the next level. Every decision you make, every day, will have a material impact on the way our projects are implemented. You'll work alongside Engagement and Project Managers and Regional leaders, to help them thrive delivering value to our beloved Customers.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- 3-5 years Project Management Experience with Professional Services / Computer Software experience prefered
- Orientation towards Processes and Technology
- Driven to make stakeholders successful, regardless of challenges or obstacles
- Thrives in complex, challenging and sometimes stressful situations
- Demonstrated creative problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools, technologies and business requirements
- Optimally, but not necessarily, you have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Business or Computer Science
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.