Lead Software Architect
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for an outstanding Lead Software Architect to join our Pay Rise R&D teams. You will become a member of a small, highly skilled team that sets the direction and standards for the architecture of several Tradeshift products. You provide architecture and technology leadership as well as mentoring and you take a leading role in technical discussions with our teams and stakeholders.
What a day is like
Reporting to VP of Engineering you are responsible for the development strategy of our systems and platforms across products and across locations. You translate business / functional requirements into a technical implementation strategy building the bridge between the product and engineering department. Technically you’re supporting software engineering teams in constructing their software regarding scalability, availability, resilience and error handling, transaction distribution, asynchronous communication and you provide input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the architecture and maximize the return on technology investment. You leverage business value of newest IT technologies, estimation of their potential and initiation of implementation in projects.
You’re perfect for this role if you
Hold a Master degree in software/system engineering, software architecture, computer science or information technology, and if you are experienced in designing and building large scale, distributed systems. You have worked 3+ years as a developer developing in complex cloud application environments, experienced in bringing software from development to production (big web shops, larger b2c platforms or online banking).
You also have
- Solid knowledge on how to design and develop API services and microservices and how orchestration between them has to be done.
- You know how to build solutions on cloud technology (AWS, Google, Azure etc.) and utilize SAAS components within the service landscape
- Your designs support a data driven approach
- Your have been responsible for running projects from both a business and a technical perspective and you know how to tackle the challenges arising
- You are fluent in English
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!