Senior Business Growth & Operations Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for a talented individual that has proven to thrive in a dynamic, high growth environment. You should excel in forming succinct business narratives, uncovering insightful business information through data analysis, delivering high quality presentations, and optimizing business outcomes. You are able to look broad and deep, connect information and people, be proactive, and drive results with limited oversight.
Conduct Commercial Analysis & Due Diligence (Business, Financial, and Market)
Perform quantitative analysis, across the entire business and different functions using tools such as Excel, SQL, Domo, and Tableau
Execute impact analysis to assess, filter, recommend, prioritize and implement strategic initiatives
Create, enhance and maintain integrated financial and growth models that forecast key performance metrics spanning the various business functions
Deliver market research, sizing, benchmarking, and customer research for development, expansion, partnerships, retention, and M&A purposes
Perform routine reporting and ad-hoc analysis as required
Construct & Connect Cohesive Content & Recommendations
Organize and relate analyzed data into digestible recommendations, insights, risks, and business outcomes
Develop turn-key crisp, highly polished slide sets to share for external communications and internally across teams, including executive management
Enhance performance tracking, monitor metric trends, and create business plans/cases in support of strategic initiatives
Create simple & concise automated report dashboards that depict the health and strategic performance of the business
Identify operational or data gaps and establish best practices for future organizational growth, accuracy, and analysis
Communicate & Collaborate with Executives & Business Leaders
Present, coordinate, and lead key discussions clearly and effectively to C-suite, investors, and stakeholders that support strategic decision-making and commercial prioritization
Provide business partners and functional management clear communications and support associated with the key findings and relatable strategic context to their teams
Work cross-functionally and support multiple work-streams to distribute, identify, and collect needed information or data
Identify & suggest processes for success that remove obstacles, reduce dependencies, and ensure data rigor across the departments
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have 3 - 5 years experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent role with understanding of SaaS business model concepts within a technology company. You are also an expert in creating and presenting executive or investor level presentations and reports.
You also have:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years experience creating dashboards in a Business Intelligence reporting solution (Tableau, Domo, Looker, Power BI, …)
- A strong analytical background, curiosity to ask “Why”, identify root causes with ability to synthesize information and ideas to create explanations and connect the dots for use by executives, stakeholders and business partners
- Self-motivated, sharp communicator (verbal, written, visual), and skilled in problem-solving, building relationships, and advising senior level management and stakeholders
- Desire for achieving a high quality deliverable with a focused attention and dedication to detail, mediocre doesn’t cut it
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team and is able to deliver results, no matter the situation or circumstances
- The ability to prioritize, manage, and meet deadlines and expectations in a dynamic fast paced business landscape
- The ability to think strategically, anticipate and identify problems, and develop creative solutions
- Experience in consulting, FP&A, business development, strategic planning, and project management a plus
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.