- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code? That repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for a Developer Operations Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
We are experiencing a hockey stick of scale and, therefore, Tradeshift is looking for DevOps engineers to help us with keeping our platform running smoothly and efficiently.
The Tradeshift platform is hosted on AWS and composed of a number of Java applications (with a dash of node. js and Scala/Akka) using RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Riak, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra. All of our current infrastructure is highly automated with Jenkins, Rundeck, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc playing key roles. We need someone who wants to face scalability challenges on a global level in this type of environment and automate things as much as possible.
What a day is like:
You will be building and implementing new tools to help our developers deliver their code to production faster and better. You will strive to identify issues related to said code and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks across the platform.
You will be working with tools that allow our infrastructure to be described as a code, such as Terraform and with configuration management tools like Puppet. You will be working with relational and non-relational databases like Postgres, ElasticSearch, Cassandra and help us plan disaster recovery.
You will help us improve our Datadog, Grafana monitoring dashboard and work with Sentry and Splunk to read logs. You will also heed the advice of the security team in order to close potential loopholes.
You will be working with build and deployment pipelines in Jenkins in order to deliver the code in an AWS hosted platform and in some Kubernetes clusters.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have deep experience working in Linux based environments
- Have experience developing, releasing and iterating on distributed applications
- Have worked or at least heard about Hashicorp technologies - Terraform, Vagrant, Consul, and Vault
- Are experienced with configuration management technologies: Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Are familiar with Docker and Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and Helm
- Have a deep knowledge about AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Have encountered datastore technologies such as PostgreSQL, Riak, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
- Know about CI/CD pipeline operation and automation
- Like designing architecture aiming horizontally scalable microservices
- Are familiar with building, deploying and operating distributed SaaS software
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!