Experienced Software Engineers for Tradeshift Unit focusing on Emerging Technologies
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift Frontiers is an innovation unit within Tradeshift, headed by co-founder Gert Sylvest, that focuses on emerging technologies that will shape the next 10 years of commerce and supply chains. We believe that these technologies can be leveraged to make trade more inclusive, empowering, transparent and sustainable for all. In this unit, we will build and midwife solutions and technology that will have real-world impact, by ourselves and together with partners and universities. Current technological focus will be around Blockchain and IIoT, but this will evolve over time.
To achieve our mission we are looking to set a small core team of exceptional and adventurous engineers, to work across the whole stack, and who can be instrumental in developing our technology-, development- and deployment stack, and take applications all the way from lab to “near production” state. We are not looking for specialists in a specific area but for smart individuals who are strong learners and take an interest in how their technology choices help realizing our visions, and engage with the communities we connect with along the way. We will be working in startup mode with fast iterations and decision power but also very ambitious goals that we are responsible for reaching.
What a day is like
You will be taking part in developing applications, POCs and labs focusing on emerging technologies, much of which will be shared publicly. You will also guide some of these POCs into pilot faces with real customers and partners. You will work with many different tools, languages and technology on a daily basis. You will be taking part in establishing the technical infrastructure, standards and engineering culture of this unit. You will be active in producing story raw material for our blogs and other public outlets. You will stay closely engaged with our partners, users, Tradeshift and communities. You will take part in establishing our core technical infrastructure creation - such as infrastructure, build, deployment, testing, operations. You will have your focus as an engineer - but be prepared to go anywhere in the product, the technical stack, our relationships, and anything we need to take care of as an independent business unit. You will be based in Copenhagen, but expect that there will be some travel activity, we’ll be flexible but our engagements may include partners and events anywhere
You’re perfect for this role if you:
We are looking for candidates with solid programming skills, and broad technical understanding - you don’t need to check all the boxes below, but you match on 60-80% and consider yourself to have the relevant skill set. You will have to navigate complex tasks: We’ll be juggling many priorities while adjusting and learning like crazy, executing on ambitious goals while dealing with the unexpected. You will have good communication skills: We need to work well with our users, partners and stakeholders. We expect you to be a strong learner: You will need to pick up how the platform works fast, encompassing many technologies and business areas.
You also have:
- Strong skills in high-level back-end language (e.g. Java)
- Strong client-side and front-end SaaS application skills
- Strong technology curiosity, you stay informed and understand current trends
- Experience with Cloud-based architectures, build- and deployment models
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and database architecture
- Experience designing and developing web services and infrastructure
- Understand the tradeoffs between shipping code soon and finding a perfect solution
- Experience with making your own technology and technical design decisions - and understanding how the technology decisions support the business goals
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or comparable
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial spirit
- Eagerness to explore emerging technology
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.