- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About QA Team
The QA team is a blend of analysts and engineers efficiently working together to achieve the common testing goals. We are responsible for end to end testing and the overall quality for each product by collaborating with the feature team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met. We provide expertise throughout the entire product development life cycle with a strong sense of quality ownership making sure that quality is baked in from the start.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect quality assurance involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who are conscious about their impact while working with their colleagues.
We are looking for a QA Analyst with technical abilities and wild imagination. As part of the QA Team you will be asking questions, understanding the requirements, solving puzzles and testing the product on a daily basis.
You should also be comfortable working under pressure while simultaneously thriving in a work environment where proactiveness and constructive input is highly appreciated and rewarded.
What a day is like:
You will closely collaborate with various people starting from product managers, engineering managers, UX designers and developers to understand requirements and the overall platform and gain business knowledge.
Depending on the project or task you’ll execute all levels of testing (including but not limited to System, Integration, Component Level Regression, Performance), review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
You will create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans/cases, also estimate, prioritize, plan testing activities and will communicate QA status, progress on deliverables and risks to stakeholders.
You will also make sure QA is thought into different steps of the process/project.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Absolutely love testing complex software products, improving quality and you are passionate about QA and testing as a career.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in software testing
- Are familiar with Agile/Scrum and Jira
- Are inquisitive and confident by nature with great interpersonal and people skills
- Have excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Are familiar with software debugging tools and protocols (e.g. Fiddler, Charles Proxy, Burp, Wireshark)
- Are business knowledge oriented
- Have high level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have experience testing browser-based/web applications
- Have knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!