Senior Graphic Designer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Marketing
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Tradeshift Brand team is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer that has proven track record of success in growing and driving B2B and/or large consumer brands.
- Lead team members through brainstorming and concepting exercises to help create visual solutions that meet design and brand requirements
- Work with the CD and design team to create and maintain company brand and marketing materials.
- Work across disciplines with developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability and web standards and ensure the integrity of the creative vision.
- UI/UX for web and mobile
- Produce presentation materials that effectively communicate creative concept
- for both internal and external project stakeholders. Participate in meetings and presentations as needed
- Share knowledge, experience, and skills with other design team members in an effort to build overall team strength and function; Leads reviews of work by the design team as needed. Responds to input and changes to project parameters by developing alternative designs while maintaining concept continuity
- Create graphic layouts, and production ready art files with a high attention to detail
- Elevate and maintain a high level of graphic standards
- Advocate for design solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders and internal/external audiences.
- Uncover new ways to incorporate emerging technologies and new media.
- Craft and deliver presentations of design work and rationale for internal and client meetings.
- Stay abreast of design trends in user-experience design, pop-culture, creative technology, and digital marketing.
What a day is like:
As a Senior Designer, you will lead branding, visual design, direction, and execution for creative and strategic projects. You are a master of both conceptual and production aspects of visual design with an eye for pixel-accurate detail and a mind for dreaming up impactful visual communications that bring brands to life and speak to their audiences. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for design direction and production of creative deliverables, and will ensure that all design elements align with the overall creative vision, brand strategy and meets business needs.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Proven ability to innovatively apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Advanced knowledge of digital, large format, and offset print process and techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
- Bonus points for prototyping skills in Invision or similar program
- Working knowledge of CSS/HTML, responsive web design and CMS
- Video editing experience a plus
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and team driven
- Must be flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment is essential
- Ability to work under deadlines and work nights/weekends as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
You also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design (preferred) and/or 5 years of design experience within an agency or global brand that spans brand, web, UX/UI, mobile, print, packaging, and environmental design
Please include portfolio showing examples of digital, brand and marketing work with a focus on brand execution.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.