Head of Brand Studio
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Marketing
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Tradeshift brand team helps to grow the business by growing the brand. We are the digital team, responsible for delivering a global web presence that converts visitors to customers. We are the content team, creating stories that build relationships. And we’re the brand studio, driving an emotional connection with our brand through outstanding, consistent, and confident creative assets. All together, we are responsible for defining an inimitable Tradeshift voice, a bold persona, and an unforgettable story--and for bringing that all to life at scale.
Do you want to build an in-house agency for one of the most exciting and upcoming brands in Silicon Valley? Do you want to bring a very special brand--with the kind of DNA you can’t manufacture--to life at scale? And create the kind of work that grabs the attention not just of other companies in B2B tech--but even the ad world itself? Google is known for its in-house agency, and so is Facebook. This is your chance to do the same for Tradeshift.
As the head of our newly created brand studio team, you will set and deliver a standard of operational and creative excellence that challenges the status quo and continually raises the bar for Tradeshift. You will be in charge of building and running an in-house studio of designers, creative professionals, and contractors. You’ll manage the studio like a business, with an eye toward proven ROI. You and your team will define and elevate our brand’s visual identity and supporting visual systems, bring the Tradeshift brand to life at scale, produce creative assets, and help drive internal brand education. As a highly visible team leader, you’ll be relied on to collaborate with your marketing peers, sell concepts to executives, and contribute to or lead critical projects.
What a day is like:
At Tradeshift, you need to be ready for anything and willing to jump in. However, in a typical day you might:
- Review your budget and report on your team’s ROI
- Mentor a junior designer, collaborate with a colleague, ask tough questions in a meeting
- Plan out a new process or system that will allow the team to do more with less
- Create a new strategy for tying the look of our resource library assets together
- Lead or contribute to special projects such as events, campaigns, or annual plans
In your first 12 months at Tradeshift you will:
- Create a three-year plan for an in-house agency model to handle our growing business
- Establish a global brand education program
- Lead a full visual rebrand project
- Create a menu of standard assets and a catalog of photo libraries and self-service templates
- Establish a digital asset management system and other means of governing brand integrity
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- You have at least 18 months experience building and running an in-house creative agency. Are a keen project manager and strategic thinker, you can develop policies, understand the company in depth, and promote new ideas. You are adept at organizing and presenting business cases and creative work, you’re output driven, and you know how to run this studio like a business.
- You are a respected creative coach with at least five years of design leadership experience. You can supervise a wide range of both junior and senior creative talent, not only designers but video producers and copywriters. You can work with abstract ideas, assess fundamental issues, and provide strategic direction. You can also coach the business at large, providing education organically and helpfully.
- You have creative chops. Under your watch, your teams have produced an impressive portfolio of work demonstrating a high level of design and storytelling talent and a wide breadth of project types. You possess in-depth knowledge in the area of brand creative. You can point to websites and brands you admire. You get messaging and copywriting.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.