Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for a seasoned Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager or Senior Manager to support the monthly and quarterly financial close and reporting, including cashflow statement, technical accounting research and memo e.g. ASC 805 business combinations. Assist in operational accounting, cashflow forecasting, process improvement projects and other ad-hoc projects
What a day is like:
- Prepare monthly financials and work with GL and Revenue Accounting team on a comprehensive monthly reporting package with key KPIs.
- Prepare US GAAP consolidated financials including cashflow statement and footnote disclosures for annual audit by KPMG
- Manage and support external audit requests
- Support the development and documentation of accounting policies; reevaluate key assumptions
- Continuously improve accounting and reporting processes, improve system efficiencies and help streamline/automate procedures
- Work with FP&A and Corporate Development to provide support on special requests, developing new management reporting e.g. Non GAAP or EBITDA financials
- Help with and implement processes for special projects
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have technical and practical experience in preparing US GAAP and Non GAAP financials, technical accounting memo, strong knowledge of USGAAP and accounting standards, including ASC805, ASC323, ASC350-40, ASC718, ASC820, ASC830, ASC842 and ASC 606. You have experience with NetSuite ERP and Adaptive Insights. Excellent writing and communication skills. Are a Big 4 CPA.
You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product and service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable
- 10+ years of accounting/auditing experience
- Strong technical accounting skills including research and memo writing
- Extensive experience in preparing US GAAP and Non GAAP financials and footnote disclosures
- An ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics in a clear and ingestible manner
- Strong ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Accountable and able to work independently to achieve deadlines
- Comfortable working across global time zones
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.