Professional Services Architect, Cash
- London, UK
- Department: Customer Success
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Professional Services team at Tradeshift are the foundation of our customer relationships. Integral to customer success and closely aligned to our product teams, we’re looking for new Tradeshifters to join our Professional Services team and work with our customers by providing help to scope, architect and structure customer engagements.
You'll team with Professional Services Engagement Managers to ensure successful enterprise customer implementations. You'll help your team design the best possible technical solution for the customer
What a day is like:
Deliver technical demos and trainings for internal/external useInterface with customer team members in Procurement, Finance, IT, and Shared ServicesTeam with Product, Customer Service Engineering, Support to identify and resolve blockers. You're a key contributor to the development of Delivery Team's methodology, knowledge base, and tools.
- Work in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Own the setup, configuration, integration (interface mapping, connectivity and connectors),
- Own testing (i.e., SIT and UAT support), migration and troubleshooting customer solutions
- Consult with customers’ IT resources on how to best integrate their ERP with Tradeshift
- Own and participate in customer facing meetings
You’re perfect for this role if:
You're a technical minded individual who is excited to influence the future enhancements of the Product. You provide confidence to clients by articulating the solution and how it would be implemented. You're skilled, efficient, resourceful and a tenacious problem solver of technical issues.
- Have 2- 5 years experience managing software implementations for external customers as part of a consulting or software company
- Communicate technical topics with both technical and non-technical people
- A master's degree in Business or Computer Science is preferred
- Have high energy and thrive in complex, challenging and sometimes stressful situations.
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per month
Our office in London offers employees challenging work and the freedom and autonomy that allows them to truly have an impact on their projects. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented mobile phone and home internet plan
- Lunch provided daily from local eateries and snacks
- A competitive compensation package + equity