- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Shaking up an industry like Tradeshift is doing, and having some of the world’s biggest companies onboard their vast supply-chains to our global platform, puts a heavy focus on usability and the quality of the user experience. Critical to your and our success is our ultimate skills in transforming needs from business and users into solutions that will help end-users achieve their goals and complete tasks quickly and effectively.
As a UX Designer in Tradeshift, you’re responsible for driving product teams safely through design challenges. This encompasses all phases from initial strategy and product ideation to final implementation and launch. This requires you to be experienced in both concept generation, creating user journeys, wireframing, prototyping and delivering implementation-ready designs. Your ability to work with personas and do field testing with actual and potential end-users will also come in handy when researching and validating your design with end users.
What a day is like:
- Delivering UX design to engineering teams at Tradeshift, consisting of 3-5 developers, a technical lead and a product manager.
- Collaborate and receive direction from User Experience Architects to discover and understand the scope, create user journeys, develop UX Design patterns and define best practices.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with product managers to facilitate a solid understanding of requirements, efficient planning and timely delivery of UX Design tasks.
- Working with other designers to establish platform design principles and extend our UX design guidelines.
- Collaborating with experts on the business side as well as actual and potential end-users to validate design decisions.
- Working with developers to make sure the teams provide a world-class quality of user experience.
- Creating high-level conceptual sketches as well as prototypes (both high and low fidelity) as part of defining user flows and experiences.
- Validating user journeys, UX designs and high-level concepts with VPs, PMs, other stakeholders and customers.
- Instigating UX Research activities to find answers to user needs, product direction, strategy questions & feature prioritization.
- Ensuring that you follow and deliver design work aligned to the UX design process that has been created and maintained for the UX Department.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have proven work experience in the field. However, we care more about the quality of your recent work than your ability to show you did great design ten years ago. You have experience and success in working with teams of developers and product managers building products/services with complex requirements. You are structured and have an analytical approach to your work, you are organized, and can work to a defined process and you actually have a plan for reaching the finish line. You feel comfortable standing at a whiteboard or with a pen and paper, to draw an idea or defend a proposed solution to a design problem to your peers or members of the team you are delivering design to.
You also have:
- Knowledge of web technologies – you don’t get scared when people talk about REST APIs, databases, client-side templating, responsive design, etc. We don’t need you to be a developer, but you will work closely with developers, so some common ground is required.
- Fluency in English
- A formal, educational background in design is an advantage although not a necessity if you can prove your abilities to use current tools and methodologies.
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.