Product Owner for Tradeshift Unit focusing on Emerging Technologies
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Team: Frontiers is and R&D and incubator, exploring the technologies that will shape the next 10 years of commerce and supply chains. We believe that these technologies can be leveraged to make trade more inclusive, empowering, transparent and sustainable for all. In this unit, we will build solutions and technology that will have real-world impact, by ourselves and together with partners.
As a PO, you are overall responsible to bring product ideas from inception to graduation from Frontiers, in close collaboration with the technical implementation owner, product designers, engineers and stakeholders. It’s your responsibility to get everyone on the product team aligned on what success looks like, to set the priorities and drive the team towards it. That includes creating the business plan, setting the business priorities short- and long term, ensuring that everyone in the team understands these, and to work with partners and stakeholders to bring the concept to realization. You will also be responsible for identifying partners and investors that can help bring the concepts to life, preparing them for graduation from Frontiers.
What a day is like
We are a small team and will be working in startup mode with fast iterations to deliver and move concepts towards graduation from Frontiers. You will have your main product focus and drive efficient scrum and agile processes with the team, but expect that it can change fast, and that you need to engage in many explorations on the side. Your will be engaging with customers, partners and other stakeholders directly to validate value propositions and hypotheses early and often.
You will be creating business cases for product concepts towards stakeholders, potential partners and investors. You will be ‘telling the story’ and evangelize value propositions, internally and externally, by speaking, creating materials and presentations, keeping people in the know. You can expect to travel to speak and represent Frontiers and Tradeshift at conferences, events at prospects and partners and workshops.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate! We value diverse skill sets and are always looking for teammates who we can coach, and who can coach us. Even if only a few of the qualities below describe you, please connect with us and let's talk!
We are looking for someone who is a creative thinker on business and technology. You have insight in and passion for technology and understand how technology choices affect business opportunities and outcomes. You have strong execution skills and ability to execute on aggressive and dynamic product development timelines with competing resources and priorities. You are bias for action: It’s on you to make things happen. You are a strong learner: You can pick up a lot of market and technology knowledge, constantly.
You also have:
- You have 2-5 years of product management or relevant entrepreneurial experience in digital services companies.
- We expect that you have experience from working in cross-functional product teams, working with UX/product designers and engineers to deliver results.
- Good commercial understanding - you know how to state clear value propositions, create a business case and survey the market.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to deal with frequent focus- and context shifts.
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading and writing.
- Education: At least a bachelor's degree or similar, but no particular requirements on the specific education. Engineering background is not a requirement. Advanced degree is a plus
We will be interviewing candidates from the 5th of August and onwards.
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.