Senior Frontend Engineer, Buy Team
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Buy Team is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all companies in the world and make Procurement applications better for people.We believe in team-based component ownership and we expect engineers involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to take Tradeshift to the next level.
Do you like procurement and want to build and be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? We are looking for talent and personal drive. You will have a focus on craftsmanship, with an emphasis on usability and great user experience. High performance and responsive UI are part of your default mindset.
As a Frontend Engineer on Buy Team, you will build an intuitive and comprehensive frontend that allows Buyers to acquire goods and services through Tradeshift network.
What a day is like:
You will be implementing, growing and maintaining services that bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience. You will be a member of a cross-functional team with nice folks from all over the world. You will join a group of skilled and self-driven Engineers, QA, Designers and Product Managers, who strive to deliver great products in a challenging but friendly atmosphere. You will be carrying out your tasks within an agile framework, actively brainstorming and collaborating with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and located in other parts of the world, to find the best solutions that enable great Buy customer experience.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Experience with React or Angular is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Can write high quality code and unit tests
- Bonus points for knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
You also have:
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.