Java Backend Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We are a small team of 6 located in Bucharest: Devs / Mapping Engineer / QAs / BA.
We are responsible for developing, maintaining and optimizing an integration solution for
Our software handles integration needs such as transformations, reliable communication
channels, protocol translations and audit for our clients.
We are a customer focused, self-organized team. We operate end to end, from identifying the
problem, finding a technical solution, prod deployments, prod feedback.
We use Agile, Java EE, SOA, containers, open source software.
What a day is like:
The day starts with a 15-30 minute scrum and analysis of production in the morning.
Our development tasks are oriented to optimizing any aspects of the document routing.
We aim to reduce manual intervention of our support teams, increase resilience, reduce
processor usage, have better traceability, support all business changes required in the platforms
which make use of our solution.
At the end of each sprint we have one day dedicated to learning.
As a backender you will have the opportunity to grow your skills, from DB transactions to SMTP
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- 3+ years professional experience of proven Java development
- Foundation in Object-Oriented Design and Data Structures
- Knowledge on HTTP/REST
- Familiarity with Java Enterprise Edition features: EJB, CDI, JPA, JMS or similar
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Spoken and written English proficiency
- Is a plus if you have knowledge on relational databases, BPM engines, message brokers
- Is a plus if you have knowledge on Integration Patterns and libraries such as Apache
- Is a plus knowledge of XML, XSLT and XPath
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!