- Suzhou, China
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Shaking up an industry like Tradeshift is doing, and having some of the world’s biggest companies onboard their vast supply-chains to our global platform, puts a heavy focus on the quality of the user interface and user experience. Critical to your and our success is our ultimate skills in transforming needs from business and users into solutions that will help end-users achieve their goals and complete tasks quickly and effectively.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our UX Team in China and you will be joining a fast growing team of 20 people containing UX Researchers, UX Architects, UI Designers and UX Designers.
As a UI Designer in Tradeshift you will be delivering UI design to engineering teams consisting of 3-5 developers, a technical lead and a product manager. Also you will be part of our UI Tribe where you will contribute to the ongoing progress of expanding our UI Component library to meet the needs of new product roadmaps.
What a day is like:
You will be working out of Tradeshift PAY and collaborating with UX Architects, UX Designers, Product Managers and developers to define and produce the user interface of our products, which entails:
- Creating high-level conceptual sketches as well as prototypes (both high and low fidelity) as part of defining user flows, experiences and ui patterns.
- Work closely with UX Designers and provide actionable feedback on visual and interaction designs to raise our bar for UI design.
- Work with the UI Tribe to align the UI Components with the overall design vision for Tradeshift.
- You will be collaborating with frontend-developers across the company to make sure production teams provide a world class quality of user experience
- Ensuring that you follow and deliver design work aligned to the design process that has been created and maintained for the UX Department.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have proven work experience in the field. However, we care more about the quality of your recent work than your ability to show you did great design ten years ago. You have experience and success in working with teams of developers and product managers building products/services with complex requirements. You have a structured and analytical approach to your work, you are organized, can work to a defined process and you actually have a plan for reaching the finish line.
You also have:
- You feel comfortable standing at a whiteboard or with a pen and paper to draw an idea or defend a proposed solution to a design problem to your peers or members of the team you are delivering design to.
- You have formal, educational background in design, although not a necessity if you
- can prove your abilities to use current tools and methodologies.
- You are already familiar with Sketch and Invision.
- You have knowledge of web technologies – and maybe even some web
- You speak and write English fluently
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.