Product Manager - Platform Services
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Platform Services team is dedicated to building the foundational products that support all the other front-line business applications that Tradeshift delivers. The role therefore combines aspects of customer-facing software but also elements of technical platform product management too. A team of 7 Product Managers currently work across 16 Scrum teams who deliver different aspects of these “foundational products”.
We expect you to enjoy engaging with customers who are both internal to Tradeshift and our external end-users to understand their motivations and goals. You will thereby ensure your product’s roadmap is aligned with their needs. You will be responsible for a key part of Tradeshift’s product architecture and expected to own that responsibility. We want people who have imagination and ambition to contribute to our vision as we expand the capacity and functionality of the Tradeshift platform. You will enjoy working closely with Software Engineering teams and collaborating with them to define and refine deliverables across the whole product lifecycle.
What a day is like:
- You will work with colleagues from our customer-facing teams and the customers themselves to gather requirements, understand problems and design innovative approaches in response to them
- You will write the stories which guide the development teams to deliver on these requirements
- You will be able to re-prioritise based on evolving business strategies and emerging market conditions and be expected to manage the inevitable positive and negative effects of such prioritisations
- You will collaborate with our talented UX/UI teams to visualise, explore and refine the functionality needed
- You will work closely with Engineering teams to ensure they understand what is required and when; you will stay engaged with them throughout the scrum delivery process in order to achieve your goals
- Effective communication is key to this role: you will spend a lot of time promoting the deliverables from your teams and listening to the resulting feedback
- You’ll have the freedom to challenge traditional solutions for customer problems by proposing disruptive solutions that create value based on the Tradeshift network
- You’ll be engaged in lively and important discussion with your PM peers about how Tradeshift’s platform should evolve and how you can contribute to this process
You’re perfect for this role if you;
Have 3-5 years of product management or relevant entrepreneurial experience in enterprise software delivered as a cloud service and experience in technology products sold into a B2B environment.
You also have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Some background in Procurement / Accounts Payable software would be preferred
- Ability to travel fairly regularly both domestically and internationally
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Math/Engineering; MBA preferred
- A curious, inventive and broad-ranging mindset coupled with a rigorous and structured approach
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.