Inside Account Executive
- Washington, DC, USA
- Department: Sales & Pre-sales
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We are seeking an Inside Account Executive responsible for driving and closing new business. The successful candidate will be a consummate and credible sales professional selling comprehensive financing services to the decision makers of business-to-business companies with sales of $1 million to $1 billion per year. The role is focused purely on new business and is suited to people who are well-connected, sales hungry and those who can utilize their exceptional sales skills with effective and successful results.
The right individual will be an essential part of Tradeshift’s sales force and must possess an ability to work creatively in a rapidly growing start-up environment. S/he will report directly to the Senior Manager of Supplier Sales.
A Tradeshift Team Member is...
Part of what makes Tradeshift as successful as it is are the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for finance. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through. An inspiration to your colleagues, you are well-connected, tenacious, driven and highly motivated sales professional with a proven record of success in the B2B selling environment with the experience of selling to successful companies at the ownership level. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the client at the center of everything you do.
You're perfect for the job if you:
- Actively and successfully managing the sales process; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover for onboarding.
- Becoming a pro at presenting benefits to potential clients through direct communication over the phone, in email and occasionally in face-to-face meetings.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, agreements and any further documentation, following Tradeshift procedure.
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ financial objectives including their Return on Investment (ROI) objectives.
- Ensuring Tradeshift remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- Effectively interacting with other departments including the marketing department and buyer success teams when handing over deals ensuring you fully and correctly brief all team members in every aspects of the sale.
- Represent Tradeshift at industry events and tradeshows with a professional manner and polished appearance with the intention of gaining new business leads and contacts.
- Stay up-to-date on the state of business finance
Also if you have:
- Proven success in your sales ability.
- Demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
- General knowledge of business financing and the capacity to become an expert in regard to supplier financing.
- Capable of hands on problem solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A positive working attitude toward all people.
- Capable of working independently.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.