Software Engineer - Cash Product and Platform Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, and financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer for our San Francisco-based Financial Solutions and Payments team. You will have the opportunity to help change how the world does business electronically as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for *people*.
To help us out, you should have strong experience building robust, maintainable software and a desire to know, help support and form opinions on our existing new services alike. You know how to get stuff done and think independently about priorities and the bigger picture of what we are doing.
At Tradeshift, we believe in team-based product ownership, development, and quality assurance. We expect engineering involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies, and approaches that help bring Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global and fast-paced startup.
The Financial Solutions and Payments Team:
You will become a member of the fast expanding Financial Solutions and Payments team and be part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone and can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience, and then some.
Our team develops innovative financial technology products across business-to-business payments, banking and lending services for use by Tradeshift's customers all across the world. We innovate within existing and entirely new Financial Services concepts and also deliver pivotal infrastructure enabling other applications: Our payments services allow businesses all over the world to send and receive money. Our lending solutions allow trading entities real-time access to affordable capital. We enable global commerce by removing every bit of complexity within cross-border transactions and trade finance. Come and join us. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share in our excitement for building innovative financial technology.
What you will do:
- Being a key member of the team taking a product from concept to release and assuming responsibility for the success of the product and the professional growth of your team
- Designing and implementing services that are maintainable, highly reliable and critical to both our customers and other product teams in Tradeshift
- Writing high-quality, unit-tested, peer-reviewed code
- Brainstorming and whiteboarding technical and product architecture options with your team
- Identifying and implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 2+ years work experience in Java or similar environments
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with frontend technologies
- Experience with cloud based services
- Experience or interest in high-scalability distributed systems
- Experience in API design and development
- Communicate clearly and concisely to other engineers, designers, and product managers
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.