HR Generalist - Danish speaking
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The members of the People Operations Team come from various backgrounds and geographies, and we cultivate and support all of Tradeshift’s business functions globally within HR, Payroll and Recruiting.
Tradeshift is looking for an HR Generalist to support Tradeshift’s business units based in EMEA, mainly Denmark and the Nordics, UK, France and Belgium. Through HR activities you will support and assist employees and managers in their stages of the employee life cycle at Tradeshift.
What a day is like:
You will report to the HR Manager and serving as a team you will cover the Tradeshift sites listed above. In your role as an HR Generalist you perform a variety of HR transactional/support activities to drive our employee experience to a higher level:
- Planning and organising three days’ of onboarding for all new hires every second week
- Supporting work permits and immigration process for new hires relocating to Denmark
- Coordinating with external payroll provider and managing employee benefits
- Following-up and conducting check-ins with new hires and leavers
- Updating employee data in our HR tool (Workday)
- Participating in organising employee events
- Serving as first point of contact for employees and managers in HR related matters
- Various HR admin tasks
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Bring a solid experience from a similar HR-position along with your positive energy and welcoming and open minded attitude. You are used to working in an international environment and know how to adapt to a diverse culture and different nationalities.
You also have:
- Proven ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent language skills in English and Danish; both in writing and orally
- French and/or other European language skills are an advantage
- Experience of working with a HR system such as or similar to Workday is an advantage
- Agile team player with ability to collaborate with and build relationships across teams and functions
- Knowledge of HR strategies and employment laws and regulations
- Flexibility towards tasks and working hours as some meetings and events might take place outside normal office hours
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.