Sales Development Representative , Apps Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Sales & Pre-sales
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
This growing team is focused on exponentially scaling the enterprise sales pipeline to enable the field sales force to execute on the revenue growth plan for the company. The extended business development team includes demand generation strategy, tight collaboration with marketing, and a group of team members that focuses on building pipeline through channel partners.
As a Sales Development Representative, you are the backbone our revenue pipeline. You'll develop a tight partnership with your Account Executives, who rely on your tenacious drive to connect companies with innovative business solutions. You're the first point of contact for external executives to learn more about what Tradeshift can do.
What a day is like:
- Create qualified leads by outbound calling potential customers and converting incoming customer inquiries
- Work in a team based environment by collaborating with Field Sales Team on target accounts
- Develop new opportunities and activities at high levels within set territory/vertical
- Prospect at C-level, VP, and Director Levels
- Regularly attend, absorb and utilize on-line training and organized training throughout the year
You're perfect for this role if:
You're hungry for success. You collaborate with your team, and compete with yourself. You're willing to raise your hand when you need extra support, and are more than happy to provide support to your fellow teammates.
You also have:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience of sales development, preferably with a startup
- Outbound calling experience in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities
- Proven record of accomplishment and over-achievement of goals
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Experience using Salesforce and other Marketing CRM tools
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.