Back-End Engineer on the Machine Learning team
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift’s Machine Learning team is looking for a software engineer with machine learning experience to join our team. You will become a member of a small, highly skilled team that works on bringing machine intelligence to various Tradeshift products. Applications for Machine Learning will range from scanned document recognition over classification of business documents to systems that support business process automation and decision making. We believe in team-based ownership and cover the entire lifecycle from product inception, development of predictive models, integrating with other services and production support.
We have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to take Tradeshift to the next level.
As a Backend Engineer on the Machine Learning team you will help bring machine learning powered features to the Tradeshift B2B platform. You will design and implement the server system that serve both machine learning models and the surrounding business logic to integrate with other services that make up our platform. You will also be responsible for deployment of services to our Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure. You will collaborate with machine learning experts, product managers and frontend engineers on the team to define how the product should behave and deliver the optimal user experience.
What a day is like:
You will develop server systems that serve machine learning models and integrate them with other parts of the Tradeshift software stack.
Work directly on machine learning based products, covering the entire lifecycle from data gathering, development of predictive models and setting up processing infrastructure to releasing a production-quality product
Write high-quality, testing and peer-reviewed code
Help product teams incorporate machine learning in their products
- 3+ years of professional experience with Java (or other JVM languages) and/or Python
- Experience building applications on top of AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with different types of persistence (e.g. SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Experience with machine learning or other data-driven systems.
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (source control, continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools like Kubernetes, Docker or Terraform is a plus
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluent in English
You also have:
- Experience implementing microservices and/or working with containers
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.