Senior Backend Engineer, Cash Product and Platform Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Your team works in a highly talented and cross-functional environment. Our team is highly collaborative, and everyone's day can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing.
Your team enables global commerce by removing every bit of complexity within cross-border transactions and trade finance. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who share in our excitement for building innovative financial technology. If you want to work full-stack all-round, that's perfect, if you want to specialize more in one area, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience, and then some.
What a day is like:
- Design/Launch Financial Services, building APIs via micro services and tools
- Develop high quality code while articulating your designs, decisions within team and engineering as a whole
- Adapt to fast pace business by shipping products on time that affect bottomline
- You'll work in collaboration within Tradeshift's global engineering org, as well as operate independently with minimal oversight.
- Leverage technologies/frameworks like Spring, Postgres, Redis, and AWS platform services
- Work on projects in Java and/or Scala
You’re perfect for this role if:
You have a few of these qualities listed below. Don't be discouraged if this isn't an exact description of you - we value diverse skillsets and encourage you to connect with us!
- Must have 4+ years (minimum) of backend development experience
- Master's degree in computer science
- Exceptional knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of event based architecture a plus.
- Accumulated strategies to troubleshoot complicated operational problems in production environments
- Experience with relational databases and database architecture
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
- Experience designing and developing HTTP-based services and infrastructure
- Background in payments or other financial services software and knowledge of related industries is ideal
- Understand the best tradeoffs between shipping necessary features now or finding the perfect solution for the future
- Experience developing web-facing applications with large scope and complexity
- Able to evaluate the long-term value and quality of new trends and technologies
- Communicate clearly and concisely to other engineers, designers, and product managers
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.