VP Sales - China
- Shanghai, China
- Department: Sales & Pre-sales
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
- A team of 100+ professionals globally across sales, presales, alliances, sales development, and sales operations
- Follows provocative selling / challenger sales model
- Responsible for selling Tradeshift solutions to enterprises of $500M+ in revenue
You will be leading and building a sales team in our brand new office in Shanghai. You will also be working closely with our local sales, product and engineering team in Suzhou. You will be overall responsible for all sales activities in Greater China including Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan.
- Lead direct Sales Development Team to materialize business from their prospects.
- Set the sales strategy, improve the sales process, and increase sales team productivity.
- Work closely with marketing in creating, maintaining and managing a pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Achieve all predetermined sales objectives based on local market conditions and the defined sales policies.
- Creatively approaching and execute sales strategies to drive revenue based on prospect and customer data.
- Evaluate, initiate, implement and control all new direct sales activities aiming at improving the revenue and traffic results whilst being proactive in contributing ideas on trends and developments towards achieving long and short term objectives.
- Build relationships with decision makers and key executives in all verticals.
- Utilize your current network to open revenue pockets while building new business.
- Hit revenue goals and quarterly targets as assigned by the Global SVP of APAC.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Bachelor degree or above in marketing, business or related disciplines.
- More than 10 years experience in enterprise sales in B2B software sales and management.
- Fully understand the e-invoicing, Procurement to Pay, financial supply chain landscape, competition and strategies behind building revenue.
- Enterprise SaaS/PaaS sales experience is preferred.
- High-energy, drive and ambition to lead a team and work within a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Mandarin.
- Strong performer with a thirst for success and un-phased by rejection.
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener simultaneously.
- You possess exceptional presentation skills and are highly persuasive.
- Sales and business minded, driven by targets.
- Has an understanding of procure to pay with a rich knowledge of how the accounts payable process functions.
Tradeshift China allows every employee to come to work just as they are and truly be themselves. We are a unified team with one mission but appreciate and value every employee’s diverse background, and encourage them to speak up and share their opinions. The work is exciting, with lots of opportunity for growth.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious, international startup environment in Shanghai, China
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a super dedicated, agile team of very skilled people
- Revolutionizing the way small businesses do business, and help the world get rid of paper invoices
- A competitive compensation package including bonus
- Trips to tech-camps in United States and Denmark working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- 15 days annual leave, Medical benefit plan, lunch allowance etc.