- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Revenue Accountant will be apart of the global revenue team, reporting to the Senior Revenue Manager. This team is passionate, driven and responsible for driving visibility, process improvement, and reporting capabilities for the full revenue cycle - from deal review, to booking, billing, revenue recognition and cash collection.
Tradeshift is looking for someone with revenue and accounts receivable experience, who is execution motivated. The ideal candidate has AR and revenue experience within the SaaS industry and also isn’t afraid of getting their hands dirty to drive efforts to monitor and continue to improve our cash cycle.
What a day is like:
You will collaborate daily with finance, sales, and the sales operations team with respect to billing, contracts, revenue recognition and more.
- Be a key contributor in month/quarter/year-end revenue and AR related accounting close activities, ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered to management
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting for EMEA subsidiaries, including revenue recognition and deferred revenue waterfalls
- Support the global adoption of the new US GAAP revenue recognition guidance, ASC 606
- Ensure revenue compliance and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and assist with flux analyses
- Serve as an AR point person for customers and internal cross-functional inquiries and requests around billing and collection
- Update and maintain collection forecast and schedules
- Attain all information pertaining to billing and help manage the AR Aging report for daily billing and collection efforts
- Calculate global DSO and Allowance for Bad Debt
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Assist with and manage various ad hoc projects as needed
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner and take pride in continuous improvement of the cash cycle.
You also have:
- 4+ years of order to cash experience
- Revenue and AR experience
- Experience at a technology company preferred, especially SaaS experience
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Tradeshift
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Working knowledge of Excel and familiarity with accounting software, Netsuite
- Must be organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to analyze and drive actionable solutions, you are a problem solver!
- Ability to meet deadlines
- You are a team player and want to work together to achieve a common goal!
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!