QA Performance Test Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect quality assurance involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, and who are conscious about their impact while working with their colleagues.
We are looking for a QA Performance Test Engineer with the skills to help us enhance and create high performing applications. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
You should also be comfortable working under pressure while simultaneously thriving in a work environment where proactiveness and constructive input is highly appreciated and rewarded.
What a day is like:
You will collaborate with product and engineering teams to capture requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability. You will design, implement and drive the adoption of new performance testing tools and processes. You will also guide, mentor and train other other teams and individuals on performance and capacity testing.
You will also:
- Develop and deploy automated and manual performance, load and stress tests by utilizing the necessary tools and frameworks
- Participate in risk assessment and performance testing strategy design, perform analysis of existing coverage and approach
- Generate reports on performance test results, providing insights and recommendations for improvements
- Use Agile methods (Scrum/Kanban) to organize project deliverables, to track, to follow-up and to report progress
- Communicate with team on bug triage, perform defect management, and work with development team to verify defect fixes
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are passionate about delivering high-quality customer experience with their expertise in systems performance testing. You have the technical ability to drive the performance test strategy and assist and interact with a global team to improve the performance and scalability of our products.
- Have at least 3 years experience in performance testing
- Are inquisitive and confident by nature with great interpersonal and people skills
- Are able to confidently navigate complex environments involving multiple stakeholders
- Have excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Have good expertise in performance testing strategies and practices
- Have experience with using industry standard performance testing and automation tools like Apache JMeter, BlazeMeter, Visual Studio Load Tests, and HP LoadRunner or other commercial or open source tool
- Have experience with monitoring tools and profilers(e.g: Splunk, DataDog)
- Have experience in performance testing for large scale distributed systems/ Microservices architectures
- Have strong knowledge of HTTP and other web protocols
- Have good understanding of Databases and SQL
- Have experience with API testing and automation
- Have experience with data summarization and graphing tools
- Have experience in at least one programming language
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Are familiar with software debugging tools and protocols (e.g. Fiddler, Charles Proxy, Burp, Wireshark)
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Have the ability to lead performance optimization efforts with a strong command of complex performance issues and the ability to direct component owners
- Have experience in performance and load testing of bulk data imports such as electronic data interchange (EDI)
- Had exposure to DevOps practices and tools(Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
- Have the ability to understand hardware and software architectures
- Are fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!