Full Stack Software Engineer
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift supply chain platform brings sellers and buyers the future with digital marketplaces, payments, and apps. Our team owns the payment documents which is a core part of the platform. We develop software that allows sellers to provide goods and services through Tradeshift network. We maintain and expand apps and services that enable our customers to enroll larger volumes of invoices in electronic format, in order for them to obtain a higher degree of digitalisation and discounts options.We strive to make digital the default for every process, every document, all over the world.
As an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer you will take ownership of the backend and frontend code, discuss and review code architecture and design, and regularly challenge and improve the process. You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team.
We believe in team growth, ownership, development and quality assurance. As a Full Stack Software Engineer your involvement will start from product inception through architecture and design and production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
What a day is like:
You will be writing high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code, will help review code from other team members and contribute to what the team is delivering using a CI/CD release pipeline.
You will brainstorm with the team on technical architecture or design options, implementation alternatives and help solve day to day issues in a collaborative effort.
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation and production support. You will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Working experience in structured development and release environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment);
- Good knowledge of design patterns.
- Deep Java skills, experience with application frameworks such as Spring;
- Good knowledge of a modern SPA framework like React;
- Knowledge of general web concepts such as HTTP, REST.
- Good database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Experience with high-scalability distributed system technologies is a big plus;
- Experience with Linux;
- Skilled in written and verbal English;
- Excellent communicator and team player;
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.;
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory;
- Strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day.
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!