- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
Do you believe in infrastructure as code and that repeatable work is something best handed off to your robot underlings? If so, Tradeshift is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer like you to join us in building our platform of the future.
What a day is like:
You will take part in a very exciting project: migrate a mature e-procurement platform used by several leading companies from a self hosted solution towards AWS and making this transition as seamless as possible for our customers.
You will have to write code that allows said migration using terraform. In order to prepare for that you will need to adapt the existing build and orchestration tools written in chef, with a touch of bash scripts and powershell and using Jenkins and Rundeck to work with awscli. Since you will be part of the Operations team you will also need from time to time to deploy new components and services to production, might need to identify and remove performance bottlenecks throughout the platform, to improve the security implementations, to use and expand our monitoring dashboards and to work closely with the rest of the engineering teams.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Deep experience working with Linux (minimum 3 years);
- Worked a lot with config management systems like Chef, Puppet or Ansible (at least 2 years);
- Have a deep knowledge about AWS services including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, EBS, SQS, etc.
- Used terraform or a similar “infrastructure as code” tool;
- Experience with VMWARE or similar;
- Scripting experience with bash, ruby or python;
- Are familiar with Docker and Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and Helm
- Know how what a CI/CD pipeline is and how it should work;
- Building and deploying Java-based web-applications;
- Have some experience with Microsoft technologies like Active Directory, powershell, SCOM;
- Good application troubleshooting methodology;
- Communication skills especially with diverse groups of global team members including other software engineers, as well as managers and executives.
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!