Senior Fullstack Engineer
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Pay product provides solutions and services to automate invoice handling and payments, using the world’s largest business network, artificial intelligence and distributed systems.
Our team, pay automation, is building solutions for automating e-invoice processing and matching and where manual input is needed, involve the right people. We maintain a few of backend components and frontend apps in the Tradeshift Apps platform.
As an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer you will take ownership of the backend and frontend code, discuss and review code architecture and design, and regularly challenge and improve the process. You will get a unique opportunity to develop your talent, as our challenges constantly evolve within our team. We believe in team growth, ownership, development and quality assurance. As a Full Stack Software Engineer your involvement will start from product inception through architecture and design and production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
What a day is like:
You will be writing high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code, will help review code from other team members and contribute to what the team is delivering using a CI/CD release pipeline.
You will brainstorm with the team on technical architecture or design options, implementation alternatives and help solve day to day issues in a collaborative effort.
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation and production support. You will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Working experience in structured development and release environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment);
- Good knowledge of design patterns.
- Deep Java skills, experience with application frameworks such as Spring;
- Knowledge of general web concepts such as HTTP, REST.
- Good database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading, and writing;
- Excellent communicator and team player;
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory;
- Strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day.
You also have:
- Good knowledge of a modern SPA framework like React;
- Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc.
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.