Ops Engineer, Apps Team
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift’s Apps Team takes what is unique about a company’s supply chain and turns it into a sustainable competitive advantage. There's no single answer for a company aiming to consolidate and digitize their supply chain - that's where our Apps Team comes in. Tradeshift Apps provides individual pluggable applications that work together to cover the different aspects of a business such as procurement, supplier risk, sustainability, finance, etc. We're a team of fun individuals from all different backgrounds, and we're excited to support our new engineers
We believe that for something as critical as a company's supply chain, industry standard practices are just not good enough - this where you make an impact. You will help build widely varied apps to support different business needs, and build on a strong integrated core that enables supplier connectivity and collaboration, all in real time. The Apps you build provide external connectivity and integration with a company’s existing systems and programs which greatly accelerate solution deployment.
What a day is like:
You will build and implement new tools and automation to solve problems. You will help identifying and removing databases performance bottlenecks throughout the platform. You will also be expanding our platform footprint while managing costs across AWS regions. As a part of your daily activity, you will work with Terraform or other infrastructure as code, Puppet or other configuration management tools, Kubernetes clusters in AWS cloud. You will be responsible for administration of relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak, Cassandra) - including High Availability and Disaster Recovery plans.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks is a plus.
These are a must:
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Linux based environment
- At least 2 years experience in using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, Cassandra or Riak
- Very familiar with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- At least 2 years working with cloud providers: AWS services including but not limited to: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQS are preferred
- Experience working with containerization solutions like Docker
- Familiar with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Familiar with Kubernetes deployment tools like Helm
- Experience in operation and automation of a CI/CD pipeline
- Communication skills especially with diverse groups of global team members including other software engineers, as well as managers and executives.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics or Math, or equivalent work experience
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.