HR Business Partner- French speaking
- London, UK
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The members of this team come from various backgrounds and geographies and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We are the team that cultivates and supports all of Tradeshift’s business functions and prides ourselves on employee happiness. You’ll be expected to wear many hats (and to change them often and quickly), from Immigrant Visas to stock administration to contract administration to general paralegal responsibilities. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team and help us navigate a range of legal territories.
- Understand our business and how what you do really does helps the entire company be successful in our strategy.
- Be the initial point of contact for employees in the UK, France, Germany and Benelux countries, connecting with people, championing the desired Tradeshift culture and defined values and any communication and initiatives related to implementing/maintaining our values.
- Be a trusted business partner for managers and employees building strong business relationships.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, independent advice and support to Managers and employees as required on employment issues such as employee performance, be able to assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Administer and coordinate all people related processes and initiatives, including onboarding, offboarding, performance reviews and work environment activities . Provide support by generating reports, filing, auditing, and responding to employee requests.
- Liaise with the Finance team on payroll matters, pension providers & healthcare providers as necessary in relation to the inputs/outputs to payroll. Assist in administration of the Company’s benefits programmes in countries you will support.
- Support immigration and relocation processes in the EMEA region
- Be part of the global People team to Develop and implement People policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to and are compliant with international employment legislation. Provide advice to all levels on People policies for international.
- Be part of the global People team working on various strategic people projects/organization change initiatives that impact the employee life cycle.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR experience, BA/BS degree, CIPD or equivalent qualification.
- Be fluent in English and another European language (ideallly French)
- Experience in a fintech or other high tech company, having experienced working with a rapidly growing start up. Previous experience working as part of an EMEA or global team is preferred
- High level of energy and able to work at a really fast pace with the ability to adjust and adapt to change.
- Be able to demonstrate loyalty, integrity and a strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Project management skills and ability to drive programs independently.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; use this to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Work effectively with others in the pursuit of common goals by finding ways to help the team perform effectively.
- Pay careful attention to customer needs and take action in order to meet or exceed customer expectations. Treating customers with a high level of respect and appreciation is a given.
Our office in London has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Supplemented cell phone plan and home internet
- A competitive compensation package + equity