Senior Business Operations Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
As a Senior Business Operations Manager, you will be a key driver in developing scalable processes that support our worldwide sales teams. You will be responsible for Marketing Operations, Sales Compensation and Pipeline Management brining long and short-term goals planning for the sales organizations. Collaboration with marketing team around market campaigns, hypothesis testing, value proposition and data management development. You will partner cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and finance leadership to develop new operational processes and execute key deliverables. You will be a key resource in building the infrastructure that help to facilitate converting existing processes into the scalable model for sales organization.
Demand Gen Operations
- Establish and manage processes and controls to improve marketing ROI through efficient prioritization of leads based on expected impact
- Quarterly capacity planning - continuous improvement of productivity and efficiency based on leading indicators
- Establish and manage governance for lead gen and prioritization working with geo marketing teams
- Establish and monitor critical processes across business intelligence, CRM and customer engagement capabilities
- Create and maintain KPIs for E2E lead management
- Establish and manage a quarterly cadence for capacity planning and campaign plans execution
- Set and monitor performance KPIs to measure sales and business performance by geography and product
- Direct the development, integration and optimization of operational policies, processes and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness including identification of software needs.
- Lead a region and manage the day-to-day aspects of quoting and pricing approvals including driving and supporting the sales team in multi –element and complex deal structuring.
- Partner with Sales to ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce including stage, probability, booking amount, and various other required fields.
- Provide proactive support and guidance to the sales team in order to help drive new deals as well as up-sell opportunities.
- Read, interpret, and escalate contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and business operational policies.
- Responsible for the detailed analysis to determine completeness and accuracy of SOWs, Master Agreement & other PS documents
- Lead the incentive compensation design-to-deployment process for specific business groups including working with executive leaders to understand strategic business objectives, assessing the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs, securing final decisions and approvals, and communicating new incentives to leaders and employees
- Conduct sales incentive and quota attainment analytics and make recommendations to support sales talent strategy.
- Work with Finance to predict the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan designs
- Establish strong relationships with the sales organization to understand their needs and perspective
- Design temporary incentives (e.g. “SPIFFs”) to support short term priorities
- Build scalable processes and improvements, and team metrics
- Keep the company in compliance with existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have 5+ years of software industry experience in Sales Operations, Compensation and quota deployment process in a B2B, SaaS space.
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or Finance, or a related field.
- Experience hiring and managing high-performing teams
- Experience that is data oriented, including analysis and modeling, summarizing, reporting (dashboards, SQL, R, repositories, Tableau, Salesforce)
- Ability and passion to analyze, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently
- Ability to assess processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Are flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.