Senior Revenue Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Business Operations
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for a seasoned Revenue Analyst to support the adoption of ASC 606 and implementation of an advanced revenue recognition tool, RevPro
What a day is like:
- Review sales arrangements to validate bookings and ensure proper recognition of revenue
- Apply appropriate treatment of revenue recognition by identifying, documenting, and verifying areas of risk and recommending improvements under ASC 606 to improve effectiveness
- Understand revenue recognition differences between US GAAP and IFRS
- Support the development and documentation of accounting conclusions and associated accounting policy; reevaluate key assumptions on an as needed basis
- Work to continuously improve accounting and reporting processes, improve system efficiencies and help streamline/automate procedures
- Build relationships and liaise across business groups including finance, sales, sales ops and legal
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include flux analysis, calculating metrics, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliation, preparing reports and resolving issues as needed
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules related to revenue; support month end close
- Work with FP&A and M&A to provide support on special requests, developing new financial schedules and management reporting as needed
- Help with and implement processes for special projects as needed
- Support external audit readiness and requests as required
You’re perfect for this role if you:
You have technical and practical knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards ASC 605 and ASC 606 a plus. You have experience with RevPro revenue automation software or Netsuite ERP also a plus
You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Experience at an enterprise software company with both product and service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable.
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- An ability to efficiently provide high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Very strong attention to detail and a passion for digging into processes to better understand them and communicate the big picture
- Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics in a clear and ingestible manner
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Proven ability to identify inefficiencies, re-engineer processes, prepare an action plan, and execute
- Accountable and able to work independently to achieve deadlines
- Strong Excel skills required / Google Doc skills a plus
- Comfortable working across global time zones
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.