Senior Frontend Engineer, Developer Experience
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About the Team
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We value engineer involvement in all user stories from their inception through deployment and monitoring. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Frontend Engineer with the skills and courage to challenge, extend and improve our products.
What a day is like:
- Being a leader in taking product from concept to release, while enabling success of the product and the professional growth of your team
- Build robust, cross-device compatible UI and features, and ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Brainstorming and white-boarding technical and product architecture options with your team
- Identifying and implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity
You're perfect for this role if:
You are immersed and energized by new trends, frameworks and technologies, and have the ability to evaluate the longer-term value and quality of new developments.
Are you ready to do the following?
- Strike a balance between shipping soon and finding a perfect solution, and understand the tradeoffs in a situation
- Develop and maintain a world-class responsive frontend framework, and engage in discussions about making both incremental and drastic changes
- Engage in discussions about and contribute solutions towards making both incremental and drastic changes in our frontend framework
- Writing high-quality, unit-tested, peer-reviewed code
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry. Your colleagues are wicked smart and some of the kindest and nicest people around. We’re never assholes. You’ll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, and have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries and snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability insurance
- Wellness and volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.