Backend Engineer - Cash Direct
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will become a member of the fast-expanding Financial Solutions and Payments team and be part of an international, skilled, cross-functional environment where roles are not set in stone can include aspects of engineering, product management, build, deployment and operational management and designing. If you want to work in the backend that's perfect, if you want to be more full-stack and touch the frontend, that's great too! Your responsibilities will grow to match your abilities and experience.
We are looking for an experienced Java Backend Engineer with the right attitude and skillset for improving our existing platform and products, willing to experience hyper-growth in Tradeshift and all the challenges that come with it. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people.
What a day is like:
You will implement business-critical features used across the Tradeshift finance platform in collaboration with our agile Tradeshift product and engineering teams. You'll work alongside Product Managers and Designers to define and ship new product experiences and participate in the entire development cycle. Additionally you will:
- Work in a core platform team, in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Implement services that are highly-available, reliable, scalable, building features to enable new Tradeshift products and improving existing products
- Requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Provide technical support and mentoring to team members
- Review code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity and advocating clarity within the team
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are passionate about the impact of your work, are excited to learn new technologies, and are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, and are proud to own the quality of your deliverables. Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc, is a plus.
Some techs you will be working with: Spring, Postgres, NoSQL databases, Middlewares (HornetQ, RabbitMQ), CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes.
You also have:
- 4+ years of professional experience with Java and application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Familiarity with software design patterns (IoC, DI, MVC, etc)
- Experience with web programming concepts such as REST and the HTTP protocol
- SQL database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Experience working Linux / Unix operating systems
- Experience with virtualization / container technologies like Docker
- Experience with Domain Driven Design & Test Driven Development
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.