Frontend Engineer, Buy Marketplace Services Team
- Aarhus, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Tradeshift Buy product line is bringing procurement out of the dark ages and into the Marketplace age, by making procurement much more like buying in everyday life. To support that we need a new, strong Marketplace Services team. The team will be located in Aarhus, but work closely with teams in Copenhagen, Bucharest and Novosibirsk. We are looking for developers with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all companies in the world and make Procurement applications better for people. We believe in team-based component ownership and we expect engineers involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to take Tradeshift to the next level.
Do you want to build and be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? We are looking for talent and personal drive. You will have a focus on craftsmanship, with an emphasis on usability and great user experience. High performance and responsive UI are part of your default mindset. You will take part in building a brand new 3-4 person team in the youngest Tradeshift development centre, so you need to be self driven and ready to co-create the future of the team, and yourself.
What a day is like:
As a Frontend Engineer on Marketplace Services, you will build an intuitive and comprehensive frontend that allows companies to setup and define their own Marketplaces on the Tradeshift platform, and other companies to explore Marketplaces to discover new business opportunities.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Experience with React or Angular is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Can write high quality code and unit tests
- Bonus points for knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
You also have:
- You can be in the early stages of your career, or come with senior experience. We welcome both
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- A very cozy office in the heart of Aarhus
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.