Fullstack Engineer for Notifications team
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Notifications team is part of the engineering Platform Services organization. Platform Services is responsible for enabling internal and 3rd party developers to use Tradeshift services in their development. That’s why this job requires you to think about how other developers will use our services, and to ensure they can make amazing stuff for Tradeshift’s users.
In this team we are focused on servicing notifications (e.g. emails, in-app notifications, sms) so that any event that happens on our platform can be utilized by platform developers in their own applications.
We are looking for a Fullstack developer to work in this small core platform service team.
Our roadmap right now has more work in the backend than in the frontend, so expect to work more on 70/30 on backend/frontend.
What a day is like:
- Participate in the development cycle from requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Interact with our internal teams and 3rd party developers on a regular basis to ensure we are making the right services for their needs.
- Challenge the status quo and ensure we are making the right technical decisions for our platform strategy
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Work on feature requests and issues that are crucial to our enterprise customers in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Implement services that are highly-available and reliable, and build features to enable new Tradeshift products
- Design and implement data storage solutions
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Strong skills in high-level back-end language (e.g. Java)
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3; and ideally Sass / Less
- Deep understanding of the full web stack
- Experience building applications on top of AWS or Google Cloud
- Deep understanding of the full web stack
- Experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluency in English
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.