Senior Lead Developer, Full-stack/Back-end Engineer Buy Marketplace Services Team
- Aarhus, Denmark
- Department: Product & Engineering
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
The Tradeshift Buy product line is bringing procurement out of the dark ages and into the Marketplace age, by making procurement much more like buying in everyday life. To support that we need a new, strong Marketplace Services team. The team will be located in Aarhus, but work closely with team in Copenhagen, Bucharest and Novosibirsk.
We are looking for a senior developer to lead and form the team. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all companies in the world and make Procurement applications better for people.
We believe in team-based component ownership and we expect engineers involvement from product inception through architecting and developing to production and support. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to take Tradeshift to the next level.
Do you want to build and be part of the future of B2B e-Commerce? We are looking for talent and personal drive. You will have a focus on setting the technical direction and architecture for the team, with an emphasis on scalable, maintainable and resilient solutions with a snug product fit - as well as getting your hands dirty in the code. You are as excited as us about working in a highly distributed, all cloud- and microservice architecture, with all the joys and challenges that follows.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Work with OO languages (e.g. Java, Golang, Scala, Groovy, Python)
- Have some experience with patterns and technologies like circuit breakers, queues (Rabbitmq, Kafka), relational DBs (Postgres)
- Find DDD interesting
- Are familiar with RESTful APIs
- Like to write high quality code and unit tests
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform or AWS is a big plus
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
You also have:
- Relevant education, and at least 7 years of experience with software development. Either you already have experience taking the lead, or see this as the next step for you.
- Experience working in agile and scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Not afraid to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territory
- Strong problem solver with a structured approach to your working day
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
Our office in Aarhus has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, and their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan and at home internet
- A very cozy office in the heart of Aarhus
- Lunch and snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package and equity
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, and many more.