Support Advocate - Team Lead
- Bucharest, Romania
- Department: Customer Support
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
We’re the Product Support team that’s on the ground, making sure all of our users are getting everything they can out of the Tradeshift platform. We are looking for people that are inherently curious, know how to build relationships, and are ready to do what is needed to ensure our users are enabled to succeed.
We believe in empowerment and ownership by every member of our team. Each individual is autonomous but expected to be present in the interest of our users and the platform. The scope of the customer support team starts at the initial engagement of the product and extends through the life cycle of every account, and the challenges they will face. You will bridge the communication gap cross-functionality within Tradeshift and do what is needed daily to keep our users alive and engaged.
Our Team Leads are responsible for empowering and managing the staff that is directly engaging with our users. Your team will look to you for product knowledge, feedback, and support to assist them with the day to day challenges they face in the wild. You will work directly with our customers, their suppliers, and cross-functionally throughout our organization to identify and address any future, incident, or bug, that may arise. As challenges and opportunities surface you will be tasked with communicating this to your team and throughout Tradeshift as needed. You will own the front line support presence during the EMEA shift and work within a global support team that has its hands in the operations of every customer account globally.
What a day is like:
You will own the operation of the support team (schedules, escalations, 1:1s). You will empower each member of your team to effectively perform their role; if an obstacle or challenge arises you are taking point and leading through the fight. You will also:
- Provide regular performance feedback and education to the team using one on ones, daily stand ups, and ad hoc syncs as needed
- Coordinate with the Director of Global Product Support, as well as fellow Team Leads to ensure the experience and performance of the global team is consistent and meeting their KPIs
- Become a product expert within your team, every feature, every update, every customer, you know them all
- Monitor the customer experience of every customer account on Tradeshift and ensure they can access and fully utilize the platform at all times
- Continuously find ways to improve and streamline the support function and user experience
You’re perfect for this role if you:
Are a team builder with a passion for empowering and building leaders. You have
excellent communication and presentation skills, highly refined interpersonal skills. You are cool and calm under pressure in a transactional environment
You also have:
- Min 2+year team lead or people management experience
- Min 3+ years experience in SaaS based customer account/operations support
- Strong prioritization and collaboration skills
- Highly data-driven mindset and a passion for analytics
- Experience with document formats CSV, XML, EDI or any other type of document business standards
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, MIS or Computer Science (preferred, but not required)
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, and guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!